New Hope
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Journey of a Thousand Miles (Sabine/Tanya)

2 posters

New Hope :: World :: Sand-Box :: Past

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The Journey of a Thousand Miles (Sabine/Tanya) - Page 2 Empty Re: The Journey of a Thousand Miles (Sabine/Tanya)

Post by Wisp Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:35 pm

Sabine nodded and though she did not know Tanya's thoughts on the matter, she shared them. She had no desire to go back to that fire right now. "Right" she nodded and glanced around, "I'll get a fire going, do you need to find the bark or do you already have a supply?" Sabine asked glancing around. "I can work on breakfast while you tend to Anna" she offered as an after thought.

Soon they were headed back to their part of the camp, and Sabine only glanced a few times around to keep an eye out for that horrible second year. Why would such behavior even be allowed? She shuddered at the thought of running into that bully at night. Oh well. She'd cross that road when she came to it.

Gathering the needed firechips from a small store they'd collected the day before, Sabine patiently worked at getting a flame going once more. It might have been easier to grab some flame from the main fire, but why risk it?

Wisp
Admin

https://newhope.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The Journey of a Thousand Miles (Sabine/Tanya) - Page 2 Empty Re: The Journey of a Thousand Miles (Sabine/Tanya)

Post by Fay Feirings Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:18 pm

"The pouch of herbs the second year at triage gave us is back at camp, I know how to prepare it." Basic herbal remedies were taught to every young elf, a basic knowledge of herbs and their purposes were important so that young elves wouldn't try to eat something poisonous.

As we reached our campsite I went into the tent to find Anna beginning to stir. I poured a cup of water for her and placed it by her bedroll before grabbing the pouch of herbs and the water bag and began to head out of the tent again. My stomach growled and I picked up my pack from inside the door and brought it with me as well.

"I have some dried berries and oats, perhaps putting those in water will give us a good breakfast that will stay with us until we can eat again." I spoke to myself as much as I did to Sabine. I brought some more kindling to her incase she needed it and waited for the fire to be hot enough to boil water for the tea and breakfast.

Fay Feirings

Back to top Go down

Post by Wisp Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:22 pm

Sabine nodded as Tanya suggested the oats and dried berries, that would provide a filling breakfast indeed. Gratefully taking the kindling, Sabine carefully added it to the fledgling fire and grew it till it was nicely putting out heat. Grabbing a small, beat up pot that had been saved from the stampede, she yawned as she put the oats and berries in the pot and waited while the water warmed over the fire.

"Have you gotten to read anymore of that book?" she asked with a small smile. The weariness was written on her face, and she looked forward to finding some body of water to wash in soon. Still she tried to remain upbeat and continue some sense normalcy in the midst of the recent upheaval.

Wisp
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fay Feirings Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:08 am

I heated some water in a metal cup next to the fire until it was just to the point where it started to bubble but not boil. "I have not, I took it in intending to read before I fell asleep but I was more tired than I expected and fell asleep very quickly." I put the birch bark in the water with a few other herbs to cover the bitter taste. "I am sad to say I don't think I'll get a chance to read it until tonight." My stomach growled and I looked over at the oats and berries, seeing that they were almost done I decided not to dip into my dwindling stash of trail mix. "How are you enjoying the book I gave you?"

Fay Feirings

Back to top Go down

Post by Wisp Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:08 pm

Sabine smiled and nodded as Tanya explained why she had not had a chance to read more of the book. Stirring the oats and berries gently, Sabine shook her head as Tanya asked whether Sabine had made any progress in her book. "I am sure I would" Sabine said before continuing "if I too hadn't fallen asleep so fast". Sabine smiled and sat back, letting the oatmeal simmer. "Do you suppose we'll be as rushed when we get to the base?"

Wisp
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fay Feirings Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:01 pm

I strained the tea I was making through a piece of clean muslin cloth into one of my carved wooden cups and set it aside for Anna. "I don't know what it's going to be like, I can't imagine we won't have any free time but it probably won't be much." I was beginning to realize that I had gotten myself into something I didn't understand and it concerned me. I brushed the concern away, my training on real emotion helping.

I turned my thoughts to Sabine's friend "Do you think that we should wake Anna up or should we let her sleep as long as possible. I think rest is good for her but she should take her tea so that she's in less pain." It was a quandary for me, she didn't realize she was in pain while she was sleeping but she would be more comfortable during the day the sooner she took it. "Perhaps I will prepare more and fill a small canteen with it so that she can drink it while we march."

Fay Feirings

Back to top Go down

Post by Wisp Fri Apr 10, 2015 6:18 pm

Sabine sat back for a moment, thinking of the stories her aunt had told her. Stories of mischief and wild abandon combined with those of hard work and sleepless nights. Of one thing Sabine was sure, life wouldn't be that easy. The image of the bully entered her mind again and a frown slipped over her face. She wondered how much trouble that individual would cause. Sighing she leaned forward and stirred the oatmeal again, judging it was done and carefully dividing it into three bowls. "We should wake her" Sabine nodded. "She needs to get the tea and some food in her system. Besides, she might get in trouble if she isn't at least up and helping where she can if the commander comes by". Sabine pointed out. She considered Anna's condition for a moment, at least it wasn't a leg injury, one could walk with her injury, a leg injury might have put her out of the corps.

Wisp
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fay Feirings Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:57 pm

I nodded and took the cooling tea in with me as I woke Anna. As expected she was uncomfortable but the tea would help with that soon. "Boiled oats and berries are for breakfast, we're moving out soon." I left her to get up on her own, explaining to call if she needed help dressing or packing.

I walked back out to the fire and grabbed my own bowl of oats. Taking my first bite I was surprised to find that it was rather good. "This is good, we will have to eat this again tomorrow. I have enough to make a couple more days worth."

Fay Feirings

Back to top Go down

Post by Wisp Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:14 pm

Sabine started eating her bowl while Tanya tended to Anna and blew on the oats gently to cool them so she didn't burn her tongue. Nodding as Tanya emerged from the tent and commented on the appetizing combination of food they were eating, Sabine finished chewing her bite before responding. "I like it very much as well, you coming Anna? I'm gonna eat yours too!" Sabine teased with a smile.

"I'm coming I'm coming, just hold your horses you greedy begger" Anna responded as she maneuvered her way out of the tent and emerged, yawning and with a marvelous case of bed hair. "What time is it?" she asked as she stretched carefully. "About 6:30 in the morning. Corps life" Sabine said with a shrug. "Here you go, I only ate a few bites" Sabine said with a smile as she handed Anna her bowl.

Wisp
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2